question

cocoaaccounting avatar image
cocoaaccounting asked Richelle Herrli commented

How to submit app for private use

I want to submit my app for private use so we can test it before going public.

How do I submit my app for private use, temporarily?

Under "App Type", I answered "No" to the question: Do you intend to make this app publicly available to merchants via the Clover App Market?

Is this the right way to submit?

If I submit this way, how do I download the app on my merchant devices so I can test it?

app approvals
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered cocoaaccounting commented

You should be testing your app in sandbox, not production. Please contact developer relations - developer-relations@devrel.clover.com

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

cocoaaccounting avatar image cocoaaccounting commented ·

You can't test everything in the sandbox.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ cocoaaccounting commented ·
What are you trying to test?

0 Likes 0 ·
cocoaaccounting avatar image cocoaaccounting David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Trying to test billing with multiple meatered events, businesses with multiple locations, different devices that aren't same as our sandbox device, etc. Just want to make sure everything works before letting it loose for everyone.
0 Likes 0 ·
Richelle Herrli avatar image
Richelle Herrli answered Richelle Herrli commented

We do not allow for private betas of apps; if you are submitting your app for approval, please ensure that it is ready for public distribution.

4 comments
10 |2000

Why do you have that "Do you intend to make this app publicly available to merchants via the Clover App Market?" option?

0 Likes 0 ·
Richelle Herrli avatar image Richelle Herrli ♦♦ cocoaaccounting commented ·
If you would like to submit your app for private use, it will always be private. This is for use cases where the app shouldn't be accessible via Clover App Market, typically because the developer is also a Clover reseller who wants to distribute the app only to their own merchants.
0 Likes 0 ·
What about release groups? Is that a way to test it before going public?
0 Likes 0 ·
Richelle Herrli avatar image Richelle Herrli ♦♦ cocoaaccounting commented ·
Release groups can only be used to roll out changes once the app is approved for public distribution. Your use case is asking for a private beta before becoming publicly available on Clover App Market. Release groups are more about staggering releases than beta-ing a brand-new app.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community