question

decksaver avatar image
decksaver asked goopter answered

Apple and Google Payments

Hi there.

I've seen a few posts about Apple and Google Pay, but with no concrete answers. Are these systems now available and if so, which gateway apps will they be compatible with do we know? I currently use Woo/Sellexed.

Thanks

Paymentse-commerce api
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

You will need to provide some more context. Are you a developer trying to take card-not-present payments? I don't know what you mean by "gateway apps", all payments on our platform must go through our gateway. Apple and Google Pay are not available to external developers via our Ecommerce API yet (I am not certain on the date when they will be but I believe both are on the roadmap).

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

decksaver avatar image
decksaver answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Many thanks for the swift response. I'm not the actual developer, but webmaster for a small business with e-commerce - I'm just the one who has to try and figure it all out, so apologies if I'm not 100% on point with terminolgy.

We wish to integrate Apple then Google Payments onto the Woo website for not-present transactions. Clover is the Payment Gateway we use, via the Sellexed App (this is what I meant by Gateway Apps - apologies if that's not the correct terminology).

Sounds like this is not possible yet then? I f not, I am therefore wondering what the timings are, as this is a fairly important offering for us.

Thanks

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
I will see if I can get a tentative date for support on our end. It sounds like you have numerous other third parties involved, so I can't speak to as when they will actually implement it once available on our end.
0 Likes 0 ·
decksaver avatar image
decksaver answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Agreed. If we followed our current process we need Clover to provide the gateway and then wait for Sellexed to sort the integration into their app. We would look at other apps if it got us there quicker though.

Many thanks for your help David.

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Google support should be available on our end by the end of February 2022. Apple sometime a bit later but we don't have control over the dates.

0 Likes 0 ·
goopter avatar image
goopter answered

is Apple Pay and Google Pay available for the Clover eCommerce API yet?

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community