question

superdave avatar image
superdave asked cloverdev commented

Action on Customer Tender Button

I manually add a "Custom Tender" in Settings->Payment->Tender, and called it "My Own Giftcard".

a button with the same name appeared in "Sales View"

Once I entered the amount and press "My Own Giftcard" button, it automatically closed the sales with the same amount.

Question: How can I add some listener? so I can start my own custom processes..?

Thank you

whatsapp-image-2021-12-21-at-90334-am.jpeg whatsapp-image-2021-12-21-at-90332-am.jpeg

Clover Android SDKCustom Tenders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered cloverdev commented

You need to create a custom tender app - Creating custom tender apps (clover.com)

7 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

superdave avatar image superdave commented ·

new AsyncTask<Void, Void, Exception>()

is deprecated. What else we could do?

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
Richelle Herrli avatar image Richelle Herrli ♦♦ superdave commented ·

AsyncTask is deprecated as of Android 11; Clover ROM is on Android 10. We will look into updating the code; you could also look into the functions that replace AsyncTask. This post looks like it could help.

1 Like 1 ·
cloverdev avatar image cloverdev commented ·

I followed the steps from Creating custom tender apps (clover.com) but not able to see custom tender button.when i click initialize custom tender button i am getting "500 Access denied to package com.example.xxxxx.xxxxx"

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ cloverdev commented ·

You may want to start fresh with this example app - https://github.com/clover/android-examples/tree/master/extensibletenderexample. Make sure your app has the correct permissions merchant's read/write (at a minimum for tender creation/usage).

0 Likes 0 ·
cloverdev avatar image cloverdev David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

is there neccessary to upload apk in sandbox? i uploaded apk but its showing Pending Developer Approval.please guide i am not able initialize my custom button.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
superdave avatar image
superdave answered cloverdev commented

Thank you for sending me to the right direction.

Unfortunately, whenever I click, APP closed down by error.

Wondering, what function/even will trigger when custom Tender button is clicked?

Thank you,

David

whatsapp-image-2021-12-22-at-53344-pm.jpeg

5 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
We have a working example app that should be linked to from the documentation, please take a look at that to see how tender apps work
1 Like 1 ·
superdave avatar image superdave David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
It's completed. Thank you.
0 Likes 0 ·
cloverdev avatar image cloverdev commented ·

How did you add this button?

0 Likes 0 ·
superdave avatar image superdave cloverdev commented ·
you need to setup in your .xml file.
0 Likes 0 ·
cloverdev avatar image cloverdev superdave commented ·
i am asking about your "My own GiftCard" button..please guide me how did you do this implementation.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community