question

david010101 avatar image
david010101 asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

Cannot create API Token due to Sandbox bug

Hi,

I am not able to create an API token. When I go to Setup > API Tokens I get the following popup with the message

"Two Factor Authentication Required

Clover requires Two Factor Authentication to be setup to use API tokens."

With two options "Enable Two Factor Authentication" or "Cancel"

The problem is that I already have 2FA set up.

So I am stuck in an endless loop of trying to create an API Token, and being redirected back to 2FA setup every time.

I have tried removing the 2FA and adding again several times. I also tried using text message 2FA. Didnt work, same issue.

So I went to look for support, and there is no phone number to contact for my region (Ireland). The phone number is just all zeros. Can't find anywhere to open a ticket or anything either.

So whats the solution or who/where can I get support? It's clearly a Clover Sandbox bug/issue which must be resolved.

SandboxAPI Tokenaccess token
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

You really should be using OAuth tokens anyway. However, I create merchant tokens in sandbox all the time. Have you tried clearing out your browser cache and logging in again?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

david010101 avatar image
david010101 answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Yes, after clearing the cache I am now able to create an access token.

I'm using Integromat, so the merchant ID and Access Token are the required fileds to make the connection.

1637404662601.png

I have created the access token with all permissions now. But when I try to make the connection I get "[401] 401 Unauthorized" response.

1637404810156.png

1637404662601.png (57.4 KiB)
1637404810156.png (60.7 KiB)
1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Using merchant tokens in production for an integration designed to be used by multiple merchants is not allowed. We require you to create an application, get it approved and published in our App Market and use OAuth tokens. Merchant tokens do not support CORs and your screenshot above appears to be of a web browser, so I suspect that is the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community