question

jeremyinvoiceasap avatar image
jeremyinvoiceasap asked jeremyinvoiceasap answered

Create a transaction via REST API

If an app wants to be available to merchants on the 2000/Terminal plan, the app cannot utilize the Orders or Items modules.

However, these merchants still have the ability to run simple transactions through their Clover Mobile or Mini device, which creates an order in Clover transparently.

In terms of in-app functionality this works well, since it is possible for our app to hand off to the Clover Secure Payment activity to accept payment from one of our app screens.

But, unless I'm mistaken, it prevents us from being able to accept a payment manually via the REST API, since the only documentation available requires that an order exist prior to accepting payment: https://docs.clover.com/faq/#how-do-i...

Is there any way to accept a payment via the REST API if the merchant is on the 2000/Terminal plan?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

jeremyinvoiceasap avatar image
jeremyinvoiceasap answered

I was incorrect above.

The REST API is not limited by module selection. However, it is limited by permissions, so make sure you have selected the necessary permissions for creating/modifying orders and items.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community