question

CHRISTIAN TOMALA avatar image
CHRISTIAN TOMALA asked Mark Mullan Deactivated answered

Integration with vb6 for windows

I have developed a software with basic visual code 6, how can I integrate it with the miniclover?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mark Mullan avatar image
Mark Mullan Deactivated answered

User had gotten in touch directly with us at semi-integrations@clover.com. Copying that conversation here:

Thanks for getting in touch and providing context. The docs we have around semi-integration are located here: https://docs.clover.com/build/integra...

Specifically, the SDK's repo for semi-integrating with a Windows POS is located here and the drivers are here. Reiterating the README, The CloverSDKSetup.exe and CloverUSBDriverSetup.exe will be the best place to start, and provide you with an ExamplePOS to test out how the CloverConnector works. Since your POS is written in a non-C# Microsoft language, then REST or WebSocket service will allow your POS to communicate with the Clover Mini.

We follow the model of current version and current version - 1 for supportability. Likewise, if the manufacturer has stopped supporting an OS, language, etc., so will we. VB6 falls into this bucket so I don't have any code examples to provide. 

Note that this doesn't mean things don't work. We have partners on our platform who are successfully semi-integrated with unsupported architecture.

The ExamplePOS in the repo is very built out, and the provided source code should be a good place to start.

Let us know if you have any specific questions after exploring that-

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community