question

Jay Slater avatar image
Jay Slater asked Jay Slater commented

Inventory item creation working in dev environment, not working in production

I'm an Android developer working for a gift card provider. To streamline the process of selling gift cards for merchants, our app adds an item to the Clover inventory, tracking it by its id property. Whenever a transaction including a gift card finishes, we fire up our app to finish the gift card loading process.

The problem is, creating the inventory item isn't working for any of our production customers. It works on all of our testing devices, including several different Clover terminals in our sandbox account, but end users (and, we just discovered, Clover testers) are finding that the custom inventory item is not added. Permissions in the Clover dashboard between the two versions are identical.

Is there something we're missing?

InventoryProduction
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mark Mullan avatar image Mark Mullan commented ·

Hi @jslater,

What error message is Clover returning?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jay Slater avatar image Jay Slater commented ·

@mark.mullan

We don't have any spare Clover terminals for testing in the production environment, our customers are remote and not sufficiently technical to send us logs or give us remote access to a machine we can use for debugging, and we're not aware of any other way to get logs from a Clover terminal in the field.

Mostly, what I'm wondering is, why is IInventoryService behaving differently between sandbox and production? We just heard that Clover's testing also saw no item automatically created (the question was in error and has been edited), so we're at a bit of a loss here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

It's highly recommended that you integrate a crash / bug reporting service into your app. There are free options for that. You could also provide us with a MCVE that could be run against the different environments to demonstrate the problem.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Mark Mullan avatar image
Mark Mullan Deactivated answered

Hi @jslater,

I've heard this issue was resolved by uploading your updated APK to prod. Please let me know if I'm mistaken, or if there's something else we can help with.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community