question

Robin Walmsley avatar image
Robin Walmsley asked Robin Walmsley commented

Manual Transactions appears to be freezing when performing a refund

Please note this ONLY happens when attempting to REFUND. Both cash and card transactions.

Our app calls the Manual Transaction app, and our customers have reported that this process is not completing. Our app (APK) hasn't changed for at least a year. I just tried the process on our Live clover station and the process of Manual Transaction does not complete, in that it does not yield control of the device. The manual transaction does appear in the system.
So I tried this using the Manual Transaction app and saw the same behaviour. The transaction completes but the app does not close, no "Done" button is displayed and the android back button does not respond, so it's necessary to manually close the app using Android.

Payments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

Can you provide the serial number of the device you reproduced this behavior on in a moderator's only comment?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered Robin Walmsley commented

I have passed the info you have provided to the payments teams and if necessary we will create a ticket for this on our end.

6 comments
10 |2000

Robin Walmsley avatar image Robin Walmsley commented ·
Any progress on this?
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ Robin Walmsley commented ·

No, there is no progress.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

The payments team requested more information. Can you provide us with logs from your sandbox device? Do you have specific dates this occurred in production. If you can provide us with those dates and the merchant/device id (moderators only post please). If you can advise a merchant to send us the logs that would also be helpful (Help app -> menu -> Diagnostics -> Send device logs), this needs to be done immediately following the error. What impact is this having on merchants/your app? I tried following the steps you outlined for the manual transactions app and I do not see a problem on my sandbox device. Can you link a video reproducing the issue and explain it, or provide us with exact steps to reproduce it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community