question

kirank avatar image
kirank asked David Marginian Deactivated answered

ecommerce - order based refunds - multiple refunds not allowed

Hi,

We are doing the following:

1. Create an order using v3/orders (See Sandbox Order ID: H4R6KHGGYG818)

2. Pay for order using ecommerce /v1/orders/{orderId}/pay (WF8HHB9HM2FYY for $107.26)

3. Refund #2 using /v1/orders/{orderId}/returns (JVPN6PNT0KBAE for $107.26)

4. Pay again for order using ecommerce /v1/orders/{orderId}/pay (04V2BP1MFT600 for $107.26 )

5. Refund #4 fails with "This refund would make the order's total refunded amount greater than the original order's amount."

I would expect 5 to succeed because, we did pay in at #4.

e-commerce api
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Frank Faustino avatar image Frank Faustino ♦♦ commented ·

Is there a reason you use the v3/orders endpoint instead of the E-Commerce API Create Order endpoint?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ Frank Faustino ♦♦ commented ·
Frank, I advised him to use the v3 endpoints because the ecomm endpoint has a limit of 25 line items per call and because it requires an email. The developer could not use the atomic order endpoints because he creates non Clover inventory orders.
1 Like 1 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

I created a ticket for our EComm team to look into this.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

Thanks for reporting this. It is an issue on our end and we will fix it. I will provide you with an update when I have a release date for the fix.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community