question

simon avatar image
simon asked simon commented

How to track down the why "Sale Request canceled by user" is returned

We are trying to track down why a PaymentResponse is sometimes returning cancelled with the message "Sale Request canceled by user"

We initially thought that the user was cancelling the payment but found that in CloverConnector.cs this message is just the default if there is no message for the cancellation.

https://github.com/clover/remote-pay-windows/blob/da0438c79307e3f76a3fd5bed67d4f0f2d822216/lib/CloverConnector/com/clover/remotepay/sdk/CloverConnector.cs#L2074

Is there anyway to find out why a sales was cancelled?

We have a situation in a couple of live stores where the Clover API is reporting “Sale Request canceled by user” with the reason been “Request Canceled” (also the default), but the sale has actually gone through when checked on the Clover portal. Leading to the POS thinking the same was cancelled and the clover thinking it was not.

USB Pay Display
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered simon commented

It would probably be best if you send this to developer relations (https://community.clover.com/articles/33197/new-email-address-for-all-clover-developer-support.html) along with information on the specific payments being impacted (payment ids if you have them, or external ids, merchant/device information).

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

simon avatar image simon commented ·

How do I link my developer acount with my email address so I can send the dev releations team emails? I'm using the email addres in the developer portal but after 2 weeks of trying and failing to get a responce, I finally got one saying the issue was closed with the message

"Description of the issue you reported: New developer Account vetting request needs more information"

But thats not what I reported, I have an aproved developer account. I just wanted some support on the above issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
simon avatar image simon simon commented ·

To add insult to injury, I've just had a survey request email come though from developer-relations@devrel.clover.com, and when I click the provided link to give them feedback I get a login page that I dont have a username / password for........

0 Likes 0 ·
Kuldeep avatar image Kuldeep ♦♦ simon commented ·

Simon, Apologies for the delay but we are still waiting for your response to the email we sent on 05/10/2021. let us know if you have not got any emails. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
simon avatar image simon Kuldeep ♦♦ commented ·
OK sorry I'll rely to that now, we have asked the affected shops to tell us again when it happens so we can get the Windows event logs, as it appers to only save logs for a few hours.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community