question

khushali-tejawat avatar image
khushali-tejawat asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Unauthorized Token

Hi, I am trying to get the details of a merchant from the to get the merchant API, and when I am trying with the public token it will respond to me with a 401 Unauthorized token. Can you please let me know where I went wrong

Thanks in Advance. :)

Merchant
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

The public token is your PAKMS key used for tokenizing card data. You need to use the private token for API calls.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

khushali-tejawat avatar image
khushali-tejawat answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Thanks, I have also tried with the private key but it is giving me same error of "You couldn't be authenticated"

11 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
You will have to provide some details, such as the request you are making, how you are making the request, etc. Please omit sensitive data such as your access token.
0 Likes 0 ·
khushali-tejawat avatar image khushali-tejawat David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I am trying to call this API "https://docs.clover.com/reference#merchants-1"

with my merchant id and access tokens

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ khushali-tejawat commented ·

From where? Merchant tokens do not support CORs, so if you are trying to do this from a web browser the call will fail. If you want to use merchant tokens you will need to proxy all Clover API requests through your server. Otherwise, you will need a Clover app and you will need to use OAuth tokens which do support CORs.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community