question

alex-salespluspos avatar image
alex-salespluspos asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Glitches when voiding partial Approved payment

When I used the example code to void partial approved payment, I got glitches.

I decide when partial approved payment happens, the transaction will be voided if the customer tap yes on the device.

From Clover Flex 2, partial approved --> Yes --> the device showed the following screen

1626995361752.png

When I tap "No receipt", the screen flashed a tiny time and backed to this screen again, at the same time I got the error

1626995518179.png

If I tap "No receipt" again, it will work as expected (the partial payment was successfully voided)

Clover Flex 2 id is C043UQ04550076

Please help,

Thanks

secure network pay display
1626995361752.png (298.4 KiB)
1626995518179.png (90.4 KiB)
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mattwillson avatar image
mattwillson answered

Regarding the "glitch" between the Receipt Options screens, this is likely happening because you are getting one receipt option screen for the payment and if you are automatically calling void inside the onSaleResponse handler then that call is bringing up the second receipt option screen for the void.

Regarding the INVALID_STATE_TRANSITION error, Are you using the Example React POS app? If so, we are manually calling showWelcomeScreen() and that would explain why the device can't handle that call.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

alex-salespluspos answered

Thanks for your response. You're right. Now I understand the first receipt option is for the payment, and the second receipt option is for the void.

Is there a way to suppress the receipt option for the payment when I calling void inside the onSaleResponse handler? Two of these together is kind of weird, or you have a better solution for it.

Thanks again, appreciated

10 |2000

mattwillson avatar image
mattwillson answered

You can disable the receipt screen with Per Transaction Settings.

To be clear though: there are two separate transactions occurring and the customer might want two separate receipts. Its important to code the merchant facing POS in such a way that the merchant never doubts what receipt screen is displayed. "Payment Receipt Options" -> "Partial payment occurred... Attempting void" -> "Void Payment Receipt Options".

10 |2000

alex-salespluspos answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Thank you so much for your time. Unfortunately, It can't help my situation.

If I call it within onSaleResponse, it's too late. However, I can't call it when do cloverConnector.sale(saleRequest). At this point, I don't know if it will be partially approved or not.

One more thing, as we discussed earlier, the first receipt option is for the payment, and the second receipt option is for the void. These two screens are identical, this make people confused. They should be different and indicating the second receipt is for the void action.

If these two receipt-option screens correctly show the difference, it doesn't matter. Because it won't confuse people that way.

Again thanks for your help, I learnt a lot

5 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

You can (for example) send a message to the device via the SDK with a message "Your card was only authorized for a partial amount and the merchant is voiding the payment." then wait a few seconds and then void the payment.

0 Likes 0 ·
alex-salespluspos avatar image alex-salespluspos David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks, I'll try on that.
0 Likes 0 ·
alex-salespluspos avatar image alex-salespluspos David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Sorry, I searched the community for a while, but no solution found. How can I send messages to clover flex 2? Is there any example code for this?

Thank you so much, really appreciated for your time

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community