question

s4saad avatar image
s4saad asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

Customer Profile contains Multiple Customer ID

Hello Everyone,

I have a customer profile in clover with 2 different Customer IDs. When I search that profile from Clover Web Dashboard, it show me 1 customer with 170 Orders but when I try to fetch orders using API with Last Customer ID, show me 143 Orders. I tried to find all customer IDs for the same user with CSV, it shows me 2 Different Customer IDs attached with same clover profile. I tried to find order list with another Clover ID, it shows me 27 Orders... Means 143 Orders associated with 1st Customer ID & 27 Orders associated with 2nd Customer ID... but in Clover Web Dashboard it shows me single profile for both Customer IDs. I am confused, how can I fetch all order with single customer ID??
This is not a one case, there are many user I have with the same condition.

Please let me know why it is creating multiple Customer IDs for same profile??

Looking forward for solution from Experts.

Thanks!
Saad

REST APICustomers
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Each time a new API request is made to create a new customer, we create a new customer, regardless of if a customer with the same name/phone/etc. already exists. From your description it sounds like you have multiple Clover customer's for what you consider to be the same customer (same name/phone whatever). To avoid this, you would need to check existence criteria (of your choosing) prior to creating a new customer. To fix this now, you could run that same existence check, find all "duplicate" customers and update all orders associated with the duplicates.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

s4saad avatar image s4saad commented ·

Thanks @David Marginian for your response.

But here I want to mention that all the Clover Orders are generated & processed via Clover POS, Means orders are generated against specific customer from Clover POS. If I check the Clover Web Dashboard, it shows me all orders of that customer under that customer's profile but if I check customer orders by Clover Customer ID using API, it shows me few orders. I generated Customer CSV with Customer CSV List API. It gives me multiple Clover Customer IDs for the same Customer in Clover. I was confused why it is generating multiple Customer IDs for the same customer as it is showing all orders under the same customer in Clover Web Dashboard.

Thanks

Saad

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ s4saad commented ·

I am not quite sure I understand your explanation of the problem. The API, isn't returning all the customer's orders? What API are you using? Maybe you can provide an example?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Screenshots 2 and 3 prove there are two customers with the same name, if you use our REST API, 2 customers will be returned - https://docs.clover.com/reference#handlersgetcustomers-1..

What is happening here is that our dashboard uses a new service that is not yet available to developers that de-dups customers based on a set of criteria and merges them into a single global customer. The REST API we currently expose to developers (link above) does not yet use the new service and should return both customers.

I didn't realize the information you posted was for a production account and real customer. I will have to delete all your posts that references the customer.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community