question

kyle avatar image
kyle asked Jeffrey Blattman answered

is there a default dummy order for display purpose?

Hi,

I notice that there is a dummy order used in the Payment Receipts in setting app, with a $9.00 Chicken Sandwich and $1.50 Large Beverage, with an order ID 4A234FT71HTAR

I just wonder if we can get the same dummy order, if so, if it is safe to get it by hard coding the above order id, or we need to get it via some function? or we should build our own?

Thanks a lot

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered

Hard to answer since I'm not sure what you are attempting to accomplish. The display in our Setup (4A234FT71HTAR) app isn't a real order.If you need a sample order, you can create your own. However, if you are attempting to load and display the order as a demo or sample of some sort in your app, keep in mind that orders are scoped to the merchant.

What you can do however is to create an order on whatever demo merchant you wish, then take the JSON from that order and include it statically wherever you need to use it. If you are working with an Android app, you can construct an Order object like,

String orderJson = ...; // get from assets, or whatever
Order order = new Order(orderJson);
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community