question

kyle avatar image
kyle asked haulx94 answered

How do I format the text on receipt using SDK?

Hi, I am looking for a way to do some simple format, namely bold and align to the right for text printed on receipt using ReceiptRegistrationProvider extends ContentProvider in the com.clover.example.receipteditexample;

https://github.com/clover/android-exa...

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered

You have two choices w/ the Receipt Registration facility. Plain text, or a bitmap. If you need formatting more complex than plain text, you need to draw the text yourself on a Canvas (for example) and write the Canvas to a Bitmap.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

haulx94 avatar image
haulx94 answered

Hi Jeff.

I used your suggestion to create receipt content on Clover Mini device but my receipt content is not in the same format with the default content.

You can see this image for more information. I don't have enough 10 points to upload image into this question. I'm sorry for that :)

https://goo.gl/photos/tGk1D39rAVqxDWAZ8

The left one is your default receipt, the right one is my receipt.

The first question is how can i format my receipt like yours?

This is my canvas set up:

Bitmap bitmap = Bitmap.createBitmap(PAPER_WIDTH, PAPER_HEIGHT, Bitmap.Config.ARGB_8888);
    Canvas canvas = new Canvas(bitmap);
    Paint paint = new Paint();

bitmap.eraseColor(Color.BLACK);
    canvas.drawColor(Color.GRAY);
    paint.setColor(Color.BLACK);
    paint.setTextAlign(Paint.Align.CENTER);
    paint.setTextSize(22);

// i think my problem is here, i'm not using the same font style with your default receipt.
    paint.setTypeface(Typeface.create(Typeface.DEFAULT, Typeface.NORMAL)); 
    paint.setFlags(Paint.ANTI_ALIAS_FLAG);

The second question is how did you print the statement "I agree to pay...merchant agreement" in center alignment? Don't tell me that you cut the statement into 3 strings and write it on canvas with 3 canvas.drawText code line. :)

Thanks.

Hau.

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community