question

Al avatar image
Al asked Al commented

Network Pay Display keeps losing connection with .net POS

Our .Net POS is using Network Pay Display unsecure connection with Enabled Pairing Screen and Enabled development certificate options on Clover Flex. Connection is done through dns ws://clover....local:12345/remote_pay. The connection is established sometimes, but not consistent and . Please advise how to make it permanent connection and consistent. The problem is that I don't receive any event since it indicated that I'm not connected. Please advise.

Clover Flexsecure network pay display
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

phan.dev avatar image phan.dev commented ·

You should use WSS instead of WS

0 Likes 0 ·
paulryan avatar image paulryan phan.dev commented ·

I would try the below fixed my issues with SNPD to set a local static IP address on the clover flex in setting WiFi. This will ensure the device ip address is not changing hence giving you a more stable route to the device on local network. Have you installed the clover sdk on your pos as administrator?

If not install it as this will ensure your windows os (windows firewall€ is not blocking tcp ip stack or outgoing or incoming connection

0 Likes 0 ·
Al avatar image Al paulryan commented ·

Thanks, will try that

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

This points to an issue with your network either on the POS or the device.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

paulryan avatar image
paulryan answered

Have you set a local static up on the clover flex?

10 |2000

Al avatar image
Al answered paulryan commented

Yes I setup static ip and able to ping it, but connection not consistent. Seems like security issue even I am using unsecure connection.

1 comment
10 |2000

paulryan avatar image paulryan commented ·

Can you telnet into the terminal from your pos using the IP address and port number?

0 Likes 0 ·
Al avatar image
Al answered Al commented

I know is not the network issue, we had it working for few trans. it works ok with our Other POS that uses Cloud Pay Display on the same Clover Flex.

If we use secure connection we get certificate mismatch. If remove secure connection we get connected sometimes.

Is paring optional, I had disabled pairing too to make it simple?

Even I started the app, going back syas NPS is not yet started. I press Start the same thing.

5 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Do you have a devkit? adb logcat and check the logs. SNPD is widely used, and, also, likely not the issue here. Is there a reason why you need to support both SNPD and Cloud? Generally, if your POS is web based you will want to use Cloud. The reason being is that each browser that wants to use your POS would have to have the certificate installed in order to securely connect.

0 Likes 0 ·
Al avatar image Al David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

We have devkit. We use SNDP for our .Net POS. We use Cloud Pay for our web based POS. Two different aplicaitons.

0 Likes 0 ·
paulryan avatar image paulryan commented ·

If you install the clover sdk it will implement the clover folder on c drive within program file. Open up the clover pos example and see if the connection to the device working correctly and keeping the a stable connection. Have you installed the trust certificate on the windows Pos?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ paulryan commented ·

It sounds like the dev is using Remote Pay Cloud Paul, so this doesn't apply.

0 Likes 0 ·
paulryan avatar image paulryan David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Taught that myself

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community