question

Duane Craw avatar image
Duane Craw asked darbyesmith answered

New test app in sandbox now completing download to devkit

I created a test android app and uploaded the app to the developer site. The app shows up in the App Market on my devkit devices, but when I click download, the button changes to say "Downloading..." and never completes the download.

The app I am trying to download is Quick18 TeeTime Test1 (com.quick18.clovertest1).

Is there a way to get any other information to troubleshoot a failed download? Or is that something obvious I am missing?

DevKit
10 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mark Mullan avatar image Mark Mullan commented ·

Hi @duane-craw,

What appears in the logcat?

0 Likes 0 ·
Duane Craw avatar image Duane Craw commented ·

01-11 15:35:29.852: I/DownloadInstallProgressManager(3164): com.quick18.clovertest1 INSTALL_PROCESSING 01-11 15:35:30.092: I/DownloadInstallProgressManager(3164): com.quick18.clovertest1 UNKNOWN

0 Likes 0 ·
Kavin Kannan avatar image Kavin Kannan commented ·

I'm facing the same issue. Tried rebooting the Clover Station, but the screen stays at "Downloading ..." I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app from Dev - Merchant account- App Market.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks @duane-craw @Kavin. Reproducible on my end with your app, Duane. Hang tight... will keep you posted.

0 Likes 0 ·

@duane-craw it doesn't seem like your APK uploaded successfully - when I try to download it, I'm met with a File does not exist error message. Here's the link where I'm failing to download your APK from, and where you should try to re-upload it: https://sandbox.dev.clover.com/developers/HK4J6SPQH2ABP/apps/J5BSDZCJABPEP/apks ('Download APK' is in the dropdown)

I just created an sandbox app and uploaded a fresh apk from scratch, and was able to download it from our app market, so confirmed that that upload functionality should be working properly from our end.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

Mark Mullan avatar image
Mark Mullan Deactivated answered

The issue was that the APK had not successfully uploaded. If you encounter similar behavior, go to your app's Manage APKs link.

image description

From here, click on the dropdown menu, and select 'Download APK'. If you are met with a "File does not exist" error message, try re-uploading your APK, and see if this resolves the issue.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community