question

fwalker007 avatar image
fwalker007 asked fwalker007 answered

Is it possible to retrive reporitng information

Hello, I would like to develop a web application that displays reports charts. So it needs access to the reporting data. I just got started. And I am wondering if this is even possible since all the references talk about developing applications for the Clover systems themselves. What i want is a web application that will work anywhere and will be used by the merchants NOT the customers. Can you guys through me a bone or two on what I should be looking at. Don't kill me but Ideally I would like to use .Net and Crystal reports. I just need access to the sales data that is all.

Thank you

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mark Mullan avatar image
Mark Mullan Deactivated answered

For a web application, our API docs are the best resource to see the merchant information that you, as a developer, would have access to. For sales data, our Order and Payment models may be particularly relevant.

Our homegrown Reporting app has closed APIs, but was built on top of our own Android SDK, so you're able to build out the same functionality yourself.

Does this help?

Best,

Mark

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fwalker007 avatar image
fwalker007 answered

I was able to call the REST API from my ASP.Net application. I can now access the merchant data. It took some digging around and I have not yet figured out exactly how the "authentication" works. But as long as I am logged in to the developer account and call my "application" from that account, I can get the access token and I can access the data. A little inconvenient for development. But for the time being we are good. I have a different question about the data access and merchants but I will post that in a different post.

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community