question

ezpays avatar image
ezpays asked Jeffrey Blattman answered

EMV PAYMENT

What is a clover solution for emv payment with customer POS device?

PaymentsDeveloper Pay API
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

Our devices support EMV payments.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ezpays avatar image
ezpays answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

I meant my POS device, no your devices

7 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

What does that have to do with us? I am sorry I really don't understand your question. If you have a POS and would like to initiate a payment on one of our devices we have our Clover Connector SDKs (remote) for various platforms - https://docs.clover.com/docs/using-clover-connector.

0 Likes 0 ·
ezpays avatar image ezpays David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Look here, I have my POS device and SDK to read EMV from my POS device. I just use your API with my EMV data. Because your clover SDK is matched your clover Device, I am not sure your clover SDK can connect and recognize my POS device. So I want to know your Clover EMV flow. Let me know EMV API.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ ezpays commented ·

There is no EMV API, and I still don't understand what you are trying to do. We have remote pay sdks which will allow your POS to initiate a payment and take it on a Clover device. Or we have card not present transaction via our EComm API.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered

We don't have an "EMI API" per-se. The way your app would perform an EMV payment is by passing an amount to a Clover app that will do it for you. Clover devices are PCI-certified using the Clover application for EMV payments. If you were able to write your own app, your app would need to be separately certified.

You'll have to trust me that you do not want to deal with the details of an EMV transaction or PCI certification yourself.

You can start by looking at https://github.com/clover/clover-android-sdk/blob/master/clover-android-sdk/src/main/java/com/clover/sdk/v1/Intents.java#L418. That's the activity intent your app will start to initiate a card payment.

See also https://github.com/clover/clover-android-sdk/blob/master/clover-android-sdk/src/main/java/com/clover/sdk/v1/Intents.java#L418 for starting a transaction where the user can select the tender type (cash, card, etc).

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community