question

kocurek avatar image
kocurek asked kocurek commented

Please wait. Merchant is verifying your payment.

Clover Mini occasionally gets stuck on the screen that states Please wait. Merchant is verifying your payment. after the customer signs. We have the onSaleResponse call acceptSignature(request) by default and it works most of the time. What could cause this screen to appear and not move forward?

WebSocket Frames show a null method.

{ packageName: "com.clover.remote.protocol.websocket", payload :"{"method":null}", remoteApplicationID: "REMOVED", remoteSourceSDK: "com.clover.cloverconnector.cloud:0.0.14", type: "PONG" }

6 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mtt avatar image mtt commented ·

Glad to know it's not just me. I've been getting this inconsistently, but frequently.

I'm also getting a random transaction cancelled screen when trying to make a sale.

sandbox with remote cloud pay rc 6.1

0 Likes 0 ·
Omar Reyes avatar image Omar Reyes commented ·

Following .

0 Likes 0 ·
hammer avatar image hammer ♦ commented ·

I just noticed that the SDK version appears to be com.clover.cloverconnector.cloud:0.0.14. This is an older version of the SDK. The current version in NPM/Github is 1.1.0-rc6.2 - https://www.npmjs.com/package/remote-... / https://github.com/clover/remote-pay-...

0 Likes 0 ·
kocurek avatar image kocurek commented ·

Hey @hammer, when running npm i remote-pay-cloud --save it pulls version 0.0.14. I did run npm i remote-pay-cloud@1.1.0-rc6.2 --save and we are good, but others may be confused when coming here. You HAVE to add the version. I assume this will change once the release candidate is the stable version.

0 Likes 0 ·

@kocurek - thank you for pointing that out. Yes, the release version should change that, but to some degree we will be at the mercy of the NPM system.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

hammer avatar image
hammer answered mtt commented

Please take a look at https://github.com/clover/remote-pay-.... The onConfirmPaymentRequest should be implemented in your ICloverConnectorListener. This function will be called in some cases where the device requires an additional verification from the merchant. For example, this may be called when a duplicate payment is suspected.

6 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The documentation on this function is incorrect. This will be updated shortly. It should read:

onConfirmPaymentRequest: Will be called, passing in the Payment, if some type of confirmation is required to accept a payment. To continue, acceptPayment or rejectpayment should be called, passing in the payment from the request for acceptance, or one of the VoidReason objects from a Challenge for rejection. The passed request contains an array of challenges to the payment.

0 Likes 0 ·
blake avatar image blake ♦ commented ·

note there are two "requesting" callbacks with different messages

• "Please wait. Merchant is verifying your payment." - will call onConfirmPaymentRequest
  • "Please wait. Merchant is verifying your signature." - will call onVerifySignatureRequest
0 Likes 0 ·
mtt avatar image mtt commented ·

Was this behavior modified recently? I don't remember this screen ever being stuck like this before the last 3 days.

I remember seeing the device asking the customer to approve a duplicate transaction though.

0 Likes 0 ·
blake avatar image blake ♦ commented ·

with version 1.1, we removed the confirmation from the customer side and made it a callback in the api so the customer wouldn't see the prompt.

0 Likes 0 ·
demskigroup avatar image demskigroup commented ·

I implemented this but I'm getting a different error and the cloud pay display app is crashing, here is the adb error from cloud pay display:

http://pastebin.com/iYxb5XVJ

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community