question

brokenoval avatar image
brokenoval asked brokenoval commented

How to create tax inclusive atomic order

I can't find any reference to tax in the atomicOrder API, and it doesn't seem to handle tax the same way as the older order APIs.

Specifically, when passed the following basic info:

{
  "orderCart": {
    "lineItems": [
      {
        "quantity": 1,
        "item": {
          "id": "8SFWVR7Z3CNW0",
          "name": "Avo Go Go"
          }
      }
    ],
    "groupLineItems": true
  }
}

It creates the order, but it is adding the tax amount to the Order Total rather than treating it as a standard inclusive VAT.

https://sandbox.dev.clover.com/r/3ZYH51H69KEJ2

1614947493969.png

How can I make this cater for tax properly?

Are there any differences in approach required for the US, Canada and the EU/GB?

Orders
1614947493969.png (35.8 KiB)
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered brokenoval commented

Correction:

The API is also used in the UKJ. We will look into it this issue.

Original:

I will ping the team responsible for the API about this. I am not familiar with EU taxes/VAT but the atomic API is largely based off of the Clover Online Ordering API which I believe is only supported in North America right now, so I would not be surprised if we aren't handling VAT correctly right now.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brokenoval avatar image brokenoval commented ·

@david Marginian Any update on this issue yet?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ brokenoval commented ·

I was waiting for your response to my last nested comment where you were going to check if the problem only pertained to web receipts.

0 Likes 0 ·
brokenoval avatar image brokenoval David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Yep - from what I can see right now it's only web receipts - physical receipts (reprinted) are fine. Not ruling out any other knock on issues up the chain, payments, reporting etc though, but I'll let you know if we run into any more

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

We will investigate this. I have opened an issue and will monitor it for updates.

That being said, this appears to be an issue with the web receipt only, the order total in the dashboard (not the receipt) appears to be properly set at 3.50. Do you agree?

2 comments
10 |2000

brokenoval avatar image brokenoval commented ·

From what I can see in the API and dashboard, it seems to only be on the receipt. However I haven't had a chance to apply payment through the API yet and I'm concerned with different totals it may not close the order out. I will attempt to test that side of it in the next couple of days

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ brokenoval commented ·

I think it will be ok, because the receipt performs it's own calculation. Let me know.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community