question

sandip2907 avatar image
sandip2907 asked sandip2907 commented

Remote pay on clover devices - USB Tethering

I was exploring the remote-pay-android example for clover devices, shared on GitHub https://github.com/clover/remote-pay-... for one of ours business requirement. I found that the sample is using Java WebSocketClient to establish a connection with the Point of Sale (POS) device, which will be running a Java WebSocketServer instance, but I was also curious to know about, how the WebSocketServer handles the client requests. It would be really helpful if someone can suggest / advice regarding the same or share the WebSocketServer example for the Clover device similar to the current example.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sandip2907 avatar image sandip2907 commented ·

Any lead in the above mentioned problem scenario would he highly appreciated. Thanks in advance !

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Miguel avatar image
Miguel Deactivated answered sandip2907 commented

Hi Sandip2907,

Thanks for your interest in Clover. Unfortunately, there isn't any sample code for the WebSocketServer for the Clover device.

Did you have a specific question about how the WebSocketServer handles client requests?

Thanks, Miguel

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sandip2907 avatar image sandip2907 commented ·

Thanks Miguel, for your reply. As you suggested if you can provide a lead towards how WebSocketServer server handles a client request, for example if I wish to do a signature or a transaction request, how it will be handled by the WebSocketServer. Can we implement our own WebSocketServer in a similar manner to handle our own requests ? Thanks in advance !

0 Likes 0 ·
khotmanish avatar image khotmanish commented ·

We have a similar requirement where we need to connect a Clover station to a mini and have a master slave config on both the devices. The use case is similar to "Remote Pay display app" but would need more flexibility in terms of the data thats passed between the two devices.

0 Likes 0 ·
Miguel avatar image Miguel commented ·

Technically, you should be able to establish your own WebSocketServer, but unfortunately Clover does not provide technical support for this.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community