question

shalinirc avatar image
shalinirc asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

How to enable online ordering on sandbox merchant account

No option in setup for online ordering

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Online ordering is a merchant facing feature, and I am guessing hasn't been enabled in sandbox either because it isn't a priority or because it doesn't really apply in the sandbox environment.

6 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shalinirc avatar image shalinirc commented ·

Is there any application provided by clover for android and IOS to create online orders?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ shalinirc commented ·

Not built by Clover, there are probably 3rd party apps that do that though.

0 Likes 0 ·
shalinirc avatar image shalinirc David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

So how to check in clover for online ordering in sandbox environment?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
sivap avatar image
sivap answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

I'm not fully following why online ordering is not enabled on sandbox.

For example,

• a menu has to have a name.
  • Restaurants may host multiple menus.
  • Menus may have different times
  • The menu structure is not part of Inventory. The structure starts with items.

In case of menu sync with other external systems, the menu structure is important. On sandbox there is no visibility to it. Without such visibility, how do we build on sandbox? Is there a doc that describes the JSON structure of menu?

5 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Even if online ordering was available, all of the menu APIs are currently private.
0 Likes 0 ·
sivap avatar image sivap David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I see, that is a good data point. Is there a plan to make it public? How are doordash, UE systems synching the menu from clover. Are they not doing it?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ sivap commented ·
I believe we have partnerships with some providers that have access to these apis, they just haven't been released publicly. At some point they will be released publicly, but it doesn't sound like that will happen until at least next year.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community