question

jburt97 avatar image
jburt97 asked jburt97 commented

Mini offline

How can we make the mini and mobile come online? We have the mobile joined to the sandbox, but the mini won't join and is offline. FYI these have been on the shelf for 6 months and not activated... (waiting for dev).

Thanks!

Jeremy

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sam avatar image sam commented ·

Hi Jeremy, I'm assuming you've tried going through the setup process? If your mini is in 'DEV' mode, should be able to connect your device with your sandbox account. Can you tell me what error message you're seeing?

0 Likes 0 ·
jburt97 avatar image jburt97 commented ·

Howdy, Sam! This is Bob, working with Jeremy on this unit. I've done a factory reset, then set up the network (either WiFi or Ethernet) and the clover setup wizard contacts the server, checks for updates, then in the activation step it states in red "Error retrieving Merchant Information". The Serial number is C030UQ53460XXX, build number is 1.28.1.33, board status is good, and battery is full and on AC. That's all we get and we can't get past this stage.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

sam avatar image
sam Deactivated answered jburt97 commented

Hi Bob,

Please give the directions below a try:

Download the corresponding apk for your device.

Mini: Mini APK

Mobile: Mobile APK

You will need to have adb installed and added to your path: ADB: https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/adb.html

Sideload the corresponding APK

adb install CloverUpdateCertMini.apk  OR  adb install CloverUpdateCertMobile.apk

Then start the service

adb shell am startservice -n com.clover.android.updatecert/.CertUpdateService

It will do a factory rest at this time. Once done the issue should be addressed.
You will have to reactivate your device.
You will have to disassociate and reassociate your device to your merchant in your sandbox account.

Setup Directions: https://docs.clover.com/build/setup-d...

5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I've tried this now several times. The problem is that the ADB says "No devices found" and so this has no effect. This is where I think it is failing...but I don't know how to troubleshoot this part. I've tried via TCP/IP and ADB responds that the "machine actively refused the the connection." Using ADB -s <serial number=""> returns device 'C030....' not found. Yet I can ping it's IP address.

0 Likes 0 ·

Howdy, Sam! I notice there is a type A (square) USB connector on the Mini's connector cable. Would this be where I would plug in a USB cable for the ADB to work with? Would this work?

0 Likes 0 ·

@Jburt97 yes you will need to plug in your Mini using the USB B->A connector that come with the device. Then you should be able to sideload the downloaded APK following these steps.

Let me know if that works.

Best, Sam

0 Likes 0 ·

Howdy, Sam! I don't have any USB cable with the mini. I tried a type A USB disk drive cable. Windows sees the device but cannot find any drivers for it, and ADB doesn't see it either. A factory reset did not change anything either.

0 Likes 0 ·

For Mini, make sure to use the white USB B -> A wire that comes with the device. USB A -> A will not work.

Follow these directions. https://docs.clover.com/build/setup-d...

If you are using Windows, you may experience issues. In the direction, pay special attention to the blue NOTE box with instructions to download and force install the Samsung android adb driver to do these steps: device manager > update driver > Browse my comp… > Let me pick from a list… > ADB Interface.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community