question

wsadiq avatar image
wsadiq asked wsadiq commented

Delays in App approval

Hello,

I submitted a new app for approval in September 2020. As far as I know, the approval process for my app has not yet started. I write an email almost every week, requesting the status. Most of my emails go un-answered, although once in a while I do get a response. There seems to be no mechanism for getting the status of your app and no escalation process. AS far as I know neither the functional nor the policy review has yet started. it is especially frustrating because emails to the app market mostly go un-answered.

Are other developers experiencing the same? It is frustrating to be waiting for 5 months without any sign of progress. I am interested in finding out if it is just my app or others are experiencing the same.

App Marketapp approvals
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ram avatar image
Ram answered wsadiq commented

Hi, for your app, the functional review has been in progress. I checked with your reviewer, and you should have an update later today.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wsadiq avatar image wsadiq commented ·

Hi Ram,

Thanks for your response. I have not had any communication regarding the functional review. I had created a login account in our system for clover testing and provided a video with my submission about how to do the very first step. I know that has not been performed yet.

I am looking forward to finally getting some movement after waiting for 5+ months. I have been told 9 weeks for a more complex app approval but I have been waiting for more than twice that without any clear explanation.

I hope Clover improves on developer communication a little bit.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing back from my reviewer.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ram avatar image Ram ♦♦ wsadiq commented ·

Hi, I followed up and it looks like you and the functional reviewer are in communication today. Thank you for your patience.

0 Likes 0 ·
wsadiq avatar image wsadiq Ram ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Ram,

Thanks for your followup. I did hear back from my reviewer and am keeping my fingers crossed for some progress.

0 Likes 0 ·
sparkage avatar image
sparkage answered wsadiq commented

@wsadiq It's not just you. Our app was submitted in mid November 2020 and went into pending status a week or so before the code freeze. There have been zero updates from Clover since then and emails go un-answered like you said. It has been extremely frustrating. Looking at the forums, I see a lot of others dealing with the same issue. It seems that the review team is severely understaffed/overloaded. Not sure there's much we can do except try to be patient.

1 comment
10 |2000

wsadiq avatar image wsadiq commented ·

@sparkage I agree it is very frustrating. I have now been waiting for 5+ months. Considering that 3rd party apps are a big part of Clover's success story, you would think that Clover would be able to allocate necessary amount of resources to app approval and developer relationship management. Having to wait for more than 5 months to even have the functional review start will financially be difficult for most small developers to handle.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community