question

jackylee avatar image
jackylee asked jackylee commented

Why am I unable to use the sandbox rest api with an access token obtained from the Android SDK

I've tried testing the sandbox api endpoints with this site https://sandbox.dev.clover.com/api_do... and also with a Chrome extension called Postman and curl, and I would receive a 401 unauthorized with the access token.

I passed in an access token that is obtained from the Android SDK during a debug breakpoint for one my apps (CloverAuth.authenticate(getBaseContext(), CloverAccount.getAccount(getBaseContext()). This method did not work for the sandbox endpoint, but it did work as expected in a production environment with a production app.

Please advise.

Sandbox
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Steve avatar image
Steve answered jackylee commented

Sandbox access tokens work on Sandbox. Production access tokens work on production.

I would confirm that the API token that is assigned to the merchant on sandbox is the one used with the sandbox.dev.clover.com endpoints.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jackylee avatar image jackylee commented ·

How would you confirm that the API token that is assigned o the merchant on sandbox is the one used with the sandbox.dev.clover.com endpoints?

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community