question

ulrik avatar image
ulrik asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

Flex - remote operation

Hi. We use a Clover Flex but my receptionists have been complaining for a while of shoulder pain handing the machine over a high counter many times per day.
Do anyone know of a remote keypad /NFC option for the flex?

Or if a windows remote software option is possible with the flex to have the flex permantly mounted on the counter and reception use the PC to enter amounts for sale etc?

Many thanks

Clover Flex
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

We have a solution that is in beta and not available in our Clover App Market. It will allow your receptionists to initiate a payment on your Clover Flex from a web browser. If you are interested, we can push the app to your merchant, and you can try it out. In addition to the app I mentioned above you will need to install "Cloud Pay Display" from the Clover App Market. Let us know if you would like to give it a try, if so, provide your Clover merchant id or name in a private comment (See the Viewable by ... dropdown underneath the submit button).

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ulrik avatar image
ulrik answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

That sounds amazing, thanks. I would love to try that solution. I will get on and install the Cloud Pay Display app just now. I can't see a 'viewable by' option. I just have a 'post your answer' button. Any other way I could get you my MID privately?

2 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

The viewable by is only available on comments, select the Comment button at the bottom of your answer or hit Reply on this comment.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I checked your merchant, and I didn't realize you are in the EU, the app I was speaking of that is in beta is not currently available in the EU. Let me see what I can do and I will get back with you.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Okay, I pushed the app to your merchants. It is called "Virtual Keypad". To use it the first time log into your merchant dashboard and then select the "Virtual Keypad" link in the left nav bar. This will launch a webpage which you can bookmark. Using the webpage is pretty straightforward, let us know if you need any help.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community