question

jwoods avatar image
jwoods asked jwoods commented

Using REST API, how do I add items to a category?

I have been able to create categories using the REST API, and I can view categories associated with items (with the relationship having been created through the web interface) using the REST API, but I have not been able to figure out how to add items to a category using the REST API.

Ideally, I would like to be able to both update a single item (eg, add one item to a category) and do a bulk update of a category (supplying a large number of items).

Am I missing something obvious?

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jwoods avatar image jwoods commented ·

Thank you!! Even with your advise, it's less than clear in the API documentation -- the category_items interface is blank). This makes your example above most helpful. If you re-post this as an answer rather than a comment, I'll mark it as an answer.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

yogeshm avatar image
yogeshm answered

Add Category to Item { "elements": [ { "category": {"id": ""}, "item": {"id": ""} } ] } you have send data to endpoint /v3/merchants/{mId}/categoryitems ""https://www.clover.com/apidocs#inventory_CategoryItems"""

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community