question

questioner avatar image
questioner asked mtt commented

Can web apps read credit card swipes or print

Can web apps read credit card swipes and print receipts?

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tursus-software avatar image tursus-software commented ·

If by "read" you mean get access to the magnetic data stored on cards, you can't do that even with a mobile app. 3rd party developers want to be out of scope of having any access to that data.

Web apps won't be able to print, but you can print with an android app on the Clover POS.

0 Likes 0 ·
hammer avatar image
hammer answered mtt commented

See https://www.clover.com/integrations for a way to drive functionality on the Clover devices.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

questioner avatar image questioner commented ·

unfortunately that page is broken.

0 Likes 0 ·
hammer avatar image hammer ♦ commented ·

I am able to bring the page up. What issue do you see?

0 Likes 0 ·
questioner avatar image questioner commented ·

None of the links are working for me. "OVERVIEWEASY INTEGRATIONWINDOWS SDKBROWSER SDKANDROID SDKIOS SDKGET UPDATES"

0 Likes 0 ·
mtt avatar image mtt commented ·

Indeed the anchors are broken, but the content is still there. Just scroll down.

0 Likes 0 ·
pzo avatar image
pzo answered

hammer, i believe what the questioner is asking is can the clover web integration support the card scanning functions in web browsers similar to an iPhone and android, where, when making a payment online and a credit card is required, the android native system has the option to "Autofill" or "Scan" the card by scanning the image and populating the card number and expiration date using the phones camera. in addition, can the native card reading systems on the clover device (station and/or mobile) be used to swipe, chip or apple pay the information into the web based payment screen.

hope this helps!

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community