question

jbrown avatar image
jbrown asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Exempt tax from a taxable category in the same sale

I need to non-tax an item in a sale temporarily that already has tax associated with it. Is there a simple button to exempt tax from the category?

For example, we are entering items in our register in the same category but one has to be taxed and the other does not.

Taxes
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

Hi jbrown,

This community is monitored by Clover developers and allows us to support 3rd party developers that build applications for the Clover platform. That being said, and I am not expert in inventory management, but wouldn't you just update that item to not have a tax?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jbrown avatar image
jbrown answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Hi David,

Well actually we need to temporarily omit tax from an an from within a sale and still have the same item as taxable in the system. I don't want to duplicate that item and have one as taxable and one as not. The register would be clogged up with too many items in the system.

We could do this on our older register that was not as advanced as this.

We figured since our old register had that function then this more advanced one would have the same function. Should I post this in another forum that would be monitored by people that would know more about that?

Thanks!

3 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I got in touch with some our support team:

There is a remove tax option, but that’s for the whole order.  If they want to do individual items, they’ll need to access the Inventory App, change the tax rate to zero, and then ring it out.  They can always change the tax back afterwards.  We don’t offer a removal of a tax on an individual item basis.

1 Like 1 ·
jbrown avatar image jbrown David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you for your research into this for me. Is there a place I can post a suggestion to a development team to implement that option in future updates? I'm sure there are others that will use that function as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ jbrown commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community