question

mark avatar image
mark asked mark commented

How can I receive realtime pos events over a network connection

My client is using Clover at their location. We are installing a small linux server also at their location. How can our linux server connect to their Clover system and receive POS events ? Can you point me in the right direction here ?

thanks! mark

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hammer avatar image hammer ♦ commented ·

What type of POS events are you looking for? A possible solution is to implement webhooks, but that is largely dependant on what you want to accomplish.

0 Likes 0 ·
mark avatar image mark commented ·

I just need line items contained within a transaction.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered mark commented

@hammer's suggestion to use webhooks is the best solution..

Clover devices do not host any sort of "server" making it's services available over the LAN. If you need access to Clover services over the network, it's suggested you use webhooks or REST APIs to do so.

That being said, if you want to expose a network-based service on Clover devices, there's nothing stopping you from developing that solution. Please keep security in mind since it's the norm for the networks on which Clover devices are connected to be insecure.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mark avatar image mark commented ·

So if I want realtime pos transaction information, sounds like the best solution is for me to expose a service on a Clover device and 'push' events to my system ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

If web hook do not work for you, then yes.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community