question

Rohit Bhardwaj avatar image
Rohit Bhardwaj asked Rohit Bhardwaj commented

Reporting app shows a different employee even after assigning an employee to the order

Hello clover devs,

When an online order notification is received on the clover POS, I auto assign a default chosen employee from my app. This employee gets assigned as I confirm it using the Orders app and the REST API.

Reference refEmployee = new Reference();
refEmployee.setId(employeeId);
mOrder.setEmployee(refEmployee);

mOrder = orderConnector.updateOrder(mOrder);

This is the piece of code which I use to assign an employee and update it to the online order.

The problem I'm facing is that the same assigned employee is never listed under the Employees tab for Reporting app. I only get one employee name with all Orders and Tips assigned to it. This has been frustrating for our merchants and they are planning to uninstall my app.

Can you advice me what is wrong with my code and why the employees are not shown in the Reporting app. Thank you!

OrdersEmployees
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Is the employee being set on the order? If you retrieve the order at some point after the update is the employee set to the employee from your update?

0 Likes 0 ·
Rohit Bhardwaj avatar image Rohit Bhardwaj David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, the employee is set to the order. I have confirmed this everytime using the Orders App and also requesting the same Order using REST API. I check the employee JSON fields with the "id". I also verify the same employee using merchant's REST API for getting the employee info through it. The employee id, name, role etc everything is perfectly set to the order.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ Rohit Bhardwaj commented ·

In a private post can you provide a merchant and order id?

-1 Like -1 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered Rohit Bhardwaj commented

Per Kirby's response - you need to associate the employee with the order before the payment is taken. If an employee is set on the order ecomm should honor that and set the employee on the payment to match. There was an issue regarding this awhile back but that issue has been resolved.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rohit Bhardwaj avatar image Rohit Bhardwaj commented ·

Thank you for your solution.

0 Likes 0 ·

I tried assigning an employee to the order (offline or In-Store order using SDK), by using the same code as above and again the employee got assigned correctly. I double checked it in Order app and used the Orders REST API to confirm the same.

After this, I start a payment action through the app to launch the Register app and make a cash tender payment. What happens is that the assigned employee is shown everywhere but on the Reporting app the employee which is logged in is displayed.

For eg, the logged in employee is ABC but the assigned employee to an order is XYZ. The REST API and Orders app will show XYZ assigned, but the payment was done when ABC is logged in, that is the reason it is displaying ABC in the reporting app.

This is the problem, that I'm facing.

0 Likes 0 ·
kirby avatar image
kirby answered Rohit Bhardwaj commented

The Employees Report shows which employee is associated with the payment

1 comment
10 |2000

Thank you for clearing my doubt.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community