question

eleleung avatar image
eleleung asked superfuturefunk answered

Using Rest API

Hi,

Are we able to use the Rest API alone without creating a Clover app or using any other Clover services? We are a delivery software provider looking to ingest orders from Clover and populate them in an external system.

REST API
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

For an integration as described you may need to use webhooks which are only available if you have a Clover app. That being said, the general rule is if your integration/app is monetized and needs to be available to multiple merchants it needs to be in our app market. You can contact appmarketbusiness@clover.com for more information or to discuss your potential integration.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eleleung avatar image
eleleung answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Hi David, can I clarify that we would not need to submit an Android app to the marketplace? Could we just have our third party system in the marketplace and redirect merchants from the Clover dashboard to our website?

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

If you are only using our REST API and do not have an integration that needs to run on a Clover device you would still create an app but it would be a web app (I believe the option is called REST clients).

1 Like 1 ·
superfuturefunk avatar image
superfuturefunk answered

@eleleung, can you some examples of submitting pre-auth, adding tips, completing the transactions & etc.? I created api token in the sandbox, but getting unauthorized. Thank you.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community