question

Sergey avatar image
Sergey asked Jeffrey Blattman answered

How to get printer UUID with Rest API

https://api.clover.com/v3/merchants/XXX/printers/ endpoint returns printer id. But when I try to use getPrinter method of PrinterConnector on app by this id the method returns null. I noticed that it requires uuid of the printer. Is there any method to get uuid of the printer with rest api ? or is it possible to find the printer on app using id I have from the API ?

REST APIClover Android SDK
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

I haven't had time to give you a definite answer, but have you tried using the getPrinters API on PrinterConnector and looping through the printers to find your match? That is a bit goofy, but it should work.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered

The definitive list of printers, as they they can be referenced as a print target or using PrinterConnector on the device, is local to the device. The concept of configured printers on the device isn't something that's exposed via the cloud.

Did you find that endpoint documented somewhere? I didn't see it in the API reference. Did I miss it here?

If you could describe what you are doing we might be able to offer some advice.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community