question

sri2ee avatar image
sri2ee asked sri2ee commented

Custom LineItem modifiers getting set as lineItem.Note

We are using custom modifiers to capture some product specific data. This data is unique to each unit of item that we sell hence can not be included in Inventory for that item. I have noticed that when I fetch Order details through Get Orders Rest API, the same custom modifier is actually stored under the order.lineitem.note field. This is actually perfect for us. But before I code our custom back end order processing logic, I want to make sure that this is a feature not some side effect of a bug or something.

Can someone from Clover confirm that this is expected behavior and that you will not stop populating lineItem.Note field suddenly. Also is there a way to edit lineitem level note field from the POS device like Clover Mini

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Dan avatar image
Dan answered sri2ee commented

It is called a Custom Modifier in the Register app, but the field in the LineItem object is called note.

In the Register app this field can be changed by a user tapping on a line item, and then changing the Custom Modifier.

The note is displayed in a manner similar to normal line item modification, but apparently doesn't behave the same way.

Regardless, you probably don't want to use this field to store your data. It shows up in the Register app while the order is being built, prints out on the payment receipt, can be changed by the user, and can be changed by other 3rd party developers.

Due to the implementation, a line item can only have one custom modifier, and if we were to support multiple custom modifiers, the line_item.note field would probably not be where it is stored.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sri2ee avatar image sri2ee commented ·

It shows up in the Register app while the order is being built, prints out on the payment receipt, can be changed by the user, and can be changed by other 3rd party developers

This is exactly what we want as we want to capture some special data regarding each (or certain) lineItems in our order while building the order. We may not be installing any third party apps so we will ignore that part of the problem for now. perfect solution for us is to add Note at the lineItem level which can be typed or barcode scanned.Then we don't have to depend on Custom modifier feature to capture this d

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community