question

Danielle Cox avatar image
Danielle Cox asked Jeffrey Blattman answered

Related applications

I am creating a suite of applications that are related but in general are also separate building blocks providing different functionality to obtain the functionality that the merchant requires. There is one free (with a metered activity) app that is required in case any other of our applications is installed.

1) Is there a Clover way to indicate that one application requires another application? 2) Can I link into the Clover market to show the app they need to install? 3) Am I on the right track for how to accomplish this?

Danielle

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered

There's no Android proper, nor Clover method of declaring dependencies between APKs. It's a problem we have ourselves with our own apps. You can launch the app market's detail page for your dependent apps using the action ACTION_START_APP_DETAIL (see SDK docs for details).

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community