question

Danielle Cox avatar image
Danielle Cox asked sam Deactivated answered

Update note for a lineItem in an existing order

When I deal with this 9 months ago, you could not set a note to an existing lineItem. I believe the only way out to do it was to remove create a new lineItem, delete the existing one, and add a new one.

Do I understand this correctly, or has there been an improvement to that process?

The scenario I have is there is an inventory item that I have to attach information to it. So, when it is added to an order and I listen, call my activity to add the information (with the above method). Then when the order is paid for, I do something for the entire order. My problem is that I don't want to trigger twice because you can void a payment and then add a new payment.

Can I always add a note to an order? I see that is an option in register, if it is turned off there, does that prevent me from setting that note? Any other ideas? After an order has been paid, can I even remove/add a lineItem?

Thanks,

Danielle

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

sam avatar image
sam Deactivated answered

Yes, you can add a note to an existing lineItem. url: POST /v3/merchants/{mid}/orders/{oid}/line_items

body:

{
    "note": "example"
}

Yes, you can add order note irregardless of the option to do so in Register App.

POST /v3/merchants/{mid}/orders/{oid}

body:

{
    "note": "example"
}

Yes, you can remove/add notes before and after payment.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community