question

Danielle Cox avatar image
Danielle Cox asked Danielle Cox commented

Locations for merchants

How does and much more importantly how can I tell which location a clover device is attached to. Is there a concept of this terminal is at 4th and Main and that terminal is no Boca Raton, Florida? I have prowled what I can of what I can get from the merchant via the API and I don't see how to tell this information. It would seem important for reporting. Is the device somehow named with this information?

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

No, devices are not registered to any physical address. You can get the merchant's registered address but there's no guarantee that correlates to the device's physical address. Did you try using Android's location APIs?

0 Likes 0 ·
Danielle Cox avatar image Danielle Cox commented ·

So how does Clover handle, for reporting if nothing else, if there are two different locations for Maribel's Perfect Pies? I presume there must be a separation for reporting of some sort. There also could be two different physical inventory lists?

As in this terminal is store # 5 and that terminal is store # 10

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

We don't know the physical location. We also don't really support geo-distributed merchants. Each location is a unique merchant. So you'll see things like "JIM'S DONUTS #1", "JIM'S DONUTS #2", etc. Typically the merchant's address will be some approximation but there's no guarantee.

0 Likes 0 ·
Danielle Cox avatar image Danielle Cox commented ·

Ok - that makes sense. Is there any way to tell that Jim's Donuts #1 and Jim's Donuts #2 are related?

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community