question

Danielle Cox avatar image
Danielle Cox asked rachel Deactivated commented

Note for custom tender

I can add a note to a lineitem. Can I do the same for a custom tender? If not, what is the suggested method for me to put some custom information under the item (reference number, balance, or etc)

Thanks!

Danielle

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rachel avatar image rachel commented ·

Hmm, maybe by adding it to the receipt? Check out this post for ideas.

0 Likes 0 ·
Danielle Cox avatar image Danielle Cox commented ·

I am trying that - the question remainig is how do I know which tender the receipt is for?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

imenu360 avatar image
imenu360 answered Danielle Cox commented

'note' field is there in item post request -

{ "note": "", "item": { "id": "XTUI1FGNFA" } }

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Danielle Cox avatar image Danielle Cox commented ·

So that you can know what I discovered on this - There is a note. I can print that using the ReceiptConector (for printed receipts. However, it doesn't work as there is a race condition because the receipt connector is using a cached copy and the note is in the cloud or to retrieve it you are going to the cloud and this hasn't been updated. I wasn't clear on the exact mechanism, but it was definitely related to the syncing with the cloud. If you waited a few seconds before printing the receipt I could access the note.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community