question

Danielle Cox avatar image
Danielle Cox asked Danielle Cox commented

Void/Reversal Flow

I am implementing a custom tender. My tender can partially authorize, which does work. I have seen several questions that talk about handling a void/refund and have not seen a clear answer. What is the flow I should be working with for this? I have seen references to an intent com.clover.intent.action.REFUND_PROCESSED with the comment that I should probably not rely on that.

I am worried how to handle an order not completing after a partial auth and I am worried about the void process works. Can anyone provide me guidance on that?

Thanks,

Danielle

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Danielle Cox avatar image Danielle Cox commented ·

ACTION_REFUND is marked as deprecated? Am I safe to use it?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Danielle Cox commented

Please see ACTION_REFUND from Intents.java in the Clover Android SDK.

Voids are for credit card transactions only and are not possible for other tender types (including custom tenders).

8 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Great, thank you. Is there any process to know if an order has not been completed after a partial auth?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

What's your definition of a "completed" order? Do you mean fully paid? If so you can use the OrderCalc class in the Clover Android SDK.

0 Likes 0 ·

The scenario I am worried about is that I have used my custom tender and it partially authed for say $100. The order is then left stagnant and never completed. What is the process I should follow there?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

The only way to determine if an order is partially paid is to check using what I mentioned above. This situation is not exceptional so there's no flagging or alerting when this occurs. Of course I don't know your app so I don't understand why you are even concerned about this. Perhaps you could explain why you need to know that.

0 Likes 0 ·

I have a stored value capability. My concern is that we take value off of a card for tender and then the order lies stagnant and doesn't complete. Presumably at that point the consumer has not taken any merchandise but has had the value removed from their card. I presume a credit card would have the same issue, right (unless it is performing an auth and then completes when the order is fully paid?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community