We need to develop a custom app for the Clover POS terminal that scans our own coupon QR codes and applies the coupon credit to the current customer order. Are the following required capabilities possible if we implement our app as an Android app (loaded on the POS device)? Are the following required capabilities possible if we implement via the Clover web api (accessed via browser on the Clover POS terminal)?
- After the customer order is complete, but before customer payment, Initiate coupon processing via a button on the POS terminal screen. Button press launches our custom coupon app
- Custom coupon app scans QR code via the front-facing camera on the POS terminal
- Custom coupon app supplies coupon credit to Clover POS via Clover API and then custom app closes to return to the Clover POS
- Clover POS applies coupon credit (supplied by custom coupon app) as a deduction off of the purchase total (credit applied after tax)
- Clover POS processes customer payment as a normal transaction, with the new purchase total being the original purchase total + tax, less the coupon credit. For example, if the original purchase total with tax is $20.00 and the scanned coupon is for $10.00, the Clover POS processes the customer payment for $10.00).