question

Al Connelly avatar image
Al Connelly asked Al Connelly commented

Clover mini disconnecting during a transaction resulting in duplicate transactions

We are having a problem today where the clover mini used in a semi-integration (Android) is disconnecting while finalizing a transaction and it is resulting in duplicate charges on customer cards. It seems to take the card OK, allow for Signature or PIN entry, then disconnects.

Is there any way to see why this disconnect is happening? Terminal is hooked up via Ethernet. They also tried using wifi but they are having the same problem.

Clover Mini
11 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Please capture of a video of the problem. What's on the other side of the Mini? A Clover device running your app that uses the semi-integration SDK?

0 Likes 0 ·
Al Connelly avatar image Al Connelly commented ·

I've asked them to capture a video the next time it comes up.

You are correct, on the other side of the mini is an Android app using the semi-integration SDK.

0 Likes 0 ·

The problem is likely to be contention between the Clover USB Pay Display app and your app + the SDK. Both are trying to connect to the Mini over USB. Do you have a contact here you are working with?

0 Likes 0 ·

No, I do not have a contact. Would love to work with some one directly though, I think the client is still experiencing some problems. It was working well for about 2 weeks but for some reason started acting up last week and the app hasn't changed.

0 Likes 0 ·

A few more details...The client is reporting that it seems like it is getting hung up when the customer is going through their credit card transaction. The customer is able to swipe the card, but the POS screen doesn't update with the customer's current position in the transaction flow. It seems to only happen sporadically, but it's often enough that it's an annoyance. Does this still sound like a symptom of the known contention issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Al Connelly commented

You'll need two things,

1. Version 1.1 of the SDK which should be released later this week
  2. Version 80+ of USB Pay Display. This is not released generally yet.

The problem is indeed contention between Clover's app and your app attempting to access the Mini over USB.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Going to update the client, but can you please provide more details as to why you're sure its an issue with the clover app and the Mini. Is this something other customers have experienced? Did something change last week?

0 Likes 0 ·

I don't know that anything changed. I'm not sure. I know what I stated above is a problem with those symptoms. I think the best you can do is fix the things we know are wrong then go from there.

0 Likes 0 ·

OK, I don't think there's anything I can do then but wait for the updates. Any ETA for Version 80+ of USB Pay Display?

0 Likes 0 ·

You can contact appmarketbusiness@clover.com to see if you can get an override for your merchant.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community