question

paulryan avatar image
paulryan asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Cashback Semi Intergration

Hi David,

We are integrating our POS software into the Clover via the .net SDK and the USB Pay Display and would like to be able to allow the cashier to select the cashback amount for a sale.

At present the Clover ask the customer to insert the card, then asks if they would like cashback and how much, we would like to move that to our POS to allow the cashier to select the option if possible, as they may not have enough cash in the till to honor the cashback. On our current payment solution we do this programically by blocking out cashback options that are over a set value (e.g. not allowing £50 cashback if the till only has £40)

I know we can disable cashback for a sale with SaleRequest.DisableCashback but this is an all or nothing option.

We have also tried intercepting the CASHBACK_CONFIRM & CASHBACK_SELECT messages in the OnDeviceActivityStart() callback with the aim to use InvokeInputOption() to remotly press the button, but the InputOptions only list Cancel as an avilable option and not the 6 cashback options, also as this is a non-blocking callback the customer could select the cashback option before the cashier.

Is their away of picking up the cashback prompts selection?, or any future updates that will improve this ?

Thanks

Paul

semi-integrations
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

prz avatar image prz commented ·

Hi Paul, David,

This would be a really good feature, Have clover advise if they will take this on board.

Kind Regards

John

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

This is by design. If we allowed what you are asking for a "bad" cashier could select a cash back amount and pocket the money without the customer ever knowing. That is why you cannot invoke the input options on the cashback screen.

If the merchant has standards on how much cash they keep they can configure the cashback options on their device via the Setup app -> Payments -> Cash back options.

I have created an issue for our Remote Pay SDKs to also allow for the customization of the cashback options (similarly to how we handle tip suggestions, but I don't expect it will be a priority).

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

andymx51 avatar image andymx51 commented ·

I'd like to request this feature too, we'd like to control the cashback amount entry and then pass this over to the Clover SDK, at which point the total (purchase amount + cashback + tip), would then be displayed on the terminal payment app prior to the customer tapping/swiping/inserting their card.

The idea of a bad cashier seems illogical, given that the customer will see $10 purchase + $5 cashback being displayed as a $15 total.....if a bad cashier tried to take extra cash out of the till the customer would see a displayed total greater than the purchase amount.....and could raise the alarm.

If a card doesn't support cashback and a cashback amount had been specified then an error would be returned from the SDK, and we could handle that scenario.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ andymx51 commented ·

"illogical" is probably not the correct word to use. Yes, if the order has one item the customer will likely notice, but that becomes less clear the larger the order gets. The bottom line is that this is part of the payment flow and is controlled by the secure payments app. I can see us possibly adding support to customize the cashback options in the request but I don't anticipate allowing for control beyond that.

0 Likes 0 ·
paulryan avatar image
paulryan answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Hi David

Thanks for the above

From my own experience, EPOS I would be expecting the cashiers to ask the Question to the customer would you like cashback Yes or No. Plus cashier would know if they had enough cash in the Till before selecting the amount off cash to give the customer.

Paul.

4 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I understand what you are saying but there is no need to alter Clover's payment flow (cashback questions are displayed on the customer facing device) to meet that requirement, it can be determined pre-payment (with the changes to the SDK that I am proposing). Does the cashier have any money available for cashback, yes or no? If no, then they select an option in your POS to disable cash back for that transaction. If they do AND IF our SDKs allowed for the cashback options to be customized then the POS could prompt the merchant for the cashback options and pass it along in the payment request as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
paulryan avatar image paulryan David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Hi David

Hope you are well,

Would you have an update if clover will improve the cashback functionality on semi-integration.

As this would be very beneficial to are customer estate.

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ paulryan commented ·

Hi Paul, I don't have any updates on this issue. It is still in our backlog.

0 Likes 0 ·
prz avatar image prz commented ·

Hi Paul, David,

This would be a really good feature, Have clover advise if they will take this on board.

Kind Regards

John

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community