question

max avatar image
max asked max commented

How to get secrete and client ID for merchant when using Oauth2 and CORS

Hi, I am currently trying to integrate our platform with Clover platform by using rest API. Before that I need to create an authorization module. After a few research, I have some questions here:

1. Can I only use Oauth with new APP that I create? When I try to connect to 'Orders' under merchant, I could not find secrete of this APP.

2. For merchant account, is it possible to use CORS? I notice I can create a fix API token in setup field, but only with Oauth, CORS is allowed.

Thanks.

OAuth
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

max avatar image max commented ·

I guess I will need to create an custom web APP to use Oauth2, but do I have to have a full access account? currently I am using a sandbox account, and I am not allowed to publish any web app.

0 Likes 0 ·
james-cha avatar image james-cha commented ·

On the sandbox account you can do your development there. To publish you willed a (normal) developer account.

0 Likes 0 ·
max avatar image max commented ·

Thank you James, Does it mean, I cant use Oauth2 with sandbox environment? the only thing I could use is the fixed token with Merchant account?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

hammer avatar image
hammer answered

You can use Oauth2 on the sandbox environment with the merchant(s) you have linked to your development account. Application created by the development account are available to the merchants linked to it.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community