question

muniza avatar image
muniza asked dpierce answered

Inventory Item's Stock Quantity Stock is not updating in bulk

I am trying to update inventory items' stock quantity in bulk using PUT API request.
Response does not have error but but stock is not updating in any case

Below is the sample request

https://apisandbox.dev.clover.com/v3/merchants/RRxxxxxxxxxx/bulk_items?access_token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

{
   "items":[
      {
         "id":"JQPXHGX38R584",
         "itemStock":{
            "item":{
               "id":"JQPXHGX38R584"
            },
            "quantity":120
         },
         "name":"Cheesecakess",
         "price":495
      }
   ]
}

Inventory
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

It doesn't look like stock updates can be performed in bulk. We either have an issue with documentation or functionality. I will create a ticket to have this investigated. Stock will have to be updated individually via https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/reference/inventory-1#inventoryupdateitemstock-1.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brokenoval avatar image brokenoval commented ·

Is this still the case @david - is there any way to bulk update stock?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ brokenoval commented ·

I don't see any movement on the issue I created so I assume that it is still the case.

0 Likes 0 ·
Derek Ward avatar image Derek Ward commented ·

Thanks David. Is this also the case for tax rates, categories, and modifiers? I have had no luck updating those with the bulk update as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ Derek Ward commented ·
Yep, don't trust the API reference ...
1 Like 1 ·
kvakati avatar image
kvakati answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

are the APIs updated to allow updates to quantity

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

No, they are not.

0 Likes 0 ·
dpierce avatar image
dpierce answered

So it seems David is no longer with Clover (deactivated) - Is there another team member than can give us an understanding on this issue? Without having it resolved, the servers that house the API will struggle as it takes multiple requests to handle this as opposed to a single request to handle multiple items.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community