question

sanjanaraj avatar image
sanjanaraj asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Get Merchant ID from Clover Mini when my app is not available on the App Market

I’m trying to get the Merchant ID from the app I am developing for the Clover Mini (Sandbox account). I am getting the error saying that I don’t have the MERCHANT_R permission. I looked on the Clover Developer forums and I noticed that this is a permission that I need to add on my Sandbox Developer Dashboard, however I have not submitted an app to the Clover Marketplace yet as it is still in development and we don’t have some of the required information to do so yet. Is there any way to test whether I’m able to get the Merchant information using the MERCHANT_R permission without having to submit the app (I have been side loading it on to my device so far)?

Clover MiniMerchant
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Sandbox is a test environment, for you to test and build your app before it is ready for production. Apps are not approved or reviewed in the sandbox env.

I suggest you read our docs:

https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/clover-development-basics-android

https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/working-with-apks

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sanjanaraj avatar image sanjanaraj commented ·

Thanks for the links. So just to clarify, there is no way I can get the merchant ID information using the merchantConnector's.getMerchant().getId() method unless I have an app published in the developer console with the correct permissions? Or is there a workaround to get this information?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ sanjanaraj commented ·

That is not what I said at all. You do not have to have an app published to retrieve merchant data. I suggest searching the forums for "MERCHANT_R" there are numerous posts that may help you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community