question

Rohit Bhardwaj avatar image
Rohit Bhardwaj asked Jeffrey Blattman commented

How can I Increase the font size of clover Impact printer text?

Hi there,

Few of our merchants are using some Impact printers and they say that the text printed on the receipts is not much visible as compared to the text printed on the clover printer or the Star Micronics printer receipt.

First I want to understand the difference between the Impact printer and the Printer which comes along with the device(the default one), are they both different? I'm sure it must be different because I can clearly see the difference in the printing size and also the quality of the print.

Second, How can I increase the font size of the text which is being printed through such Impact printers? Please advice. Thank you!

PrintMerchant
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Jeffrey Blattman commented

If the merchant has a supporting plan, you can select to use a larger font for order receipts under Setup > Order Receipts. Not all merchant plans support this feature.

All builit-in printers are thermal. This is inappropriate for environments with heat such as kitchens, hence the user of impact printers in kitchens. Any printer can be configured as an order printer, regardless of whether it's a thermal or impact model.

The method for printing to impact vs. thermal printers is quite different. There will be visual differences between these receipts.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rohit Bhardwaj avatar image Rohit Bhardwaj commented ·

Increasing the font for Order Receipts only works when the receipt is fired using the Register app. What we do is fire a print command using TextPrintJob because it is just text and it works really well with the default clover printers and also the star micronics thermal kitchen printer. I have attached the an image which the merchant has sent it to me. The left one is the Order Receipt fired from Register and the right one is custom printed by the app. They say that it is really hard to read the text with smaller font size while their staff is preparing the orders. Please advice.

IMG_8178.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
img-8178.jpg (273.4 KiB)
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ Rohit Bhardwaj commented ·

You can't change the text size w/ TextPrintJob.

If you are printing to receipt printers (as opposed to order printers, the impact kitchen printers) you can use View/ImagePrintJob to craft the content however you want.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community