question

tellymasse avatar image
tellymasse asked tellymasse commented

How to permanently hide navigation bar from an application?

I am creating one application in which only admin can exit the application with the use of password. For the other users there wouldn't be any alternate way available to exit the application. Neither from the Statusbar nor from the Navigation bar. I am already done with the hiding status bar for the application but I don't get much help to hide the Navigation bar. The same behaviour what I expect is available in the default Payment application of clover device. In that application, payment screen hides the Statusbar as well Navigation bar.

Can any one please help me to permanently hide the navigation bar in my application?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered tellymasse commented

Check out the CustomerMode utility in the Clover Android SDK.

Please note that you must provide some way to exit from customer mode. If you want to tell me what you have planned I'd be happy to comment.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tellymasse avatar image tellymasse commented ·

The tablet and our application will be consumer facing at all times, left on a dining table for the customers to browse the menu, order food and pay. We would like to run the app in single-app mode so the users don't have access to the settings, and any other apps. We plan to have a button that the staff can use to exit our app by entering their PIN. Thanks Jeff

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

CustomerMode is the right solution. Please note that you must provide some way for the merchant to exit your app. On one of our apps we did this with a non-obvious gesture.

0 Likes 0 ·
tellymasse avatar image tellymasse commented ·

Thanks Jeff, it works. And surely we will provide a way to get back from the application like 7 time clicking on a logo of application inside the app.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community