question

lainz avatar image
lainz asked Jacob Abrams answered

Emulated printer prints nothing

I have 2 emulated printers, I click for example the first, and I press 'View Print' and it does nothing. The only thing that's working is 'Image Print' but I need to print a receipt / order, not just an image.

When I say it does nothing, I mean it shows the toast that sent the printer job, but it doesn't generate the output .png image in the sdcard/receipts folder.

Clover Android SDK
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
lainz avatar image lainz David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Hi, yes I've followed the instructions. Because that I have configured the two emulated printers. And works fine the third button that prints an image, but not the first two buttons that must print the receipt / order.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jacob Abrams avatar image Jacob Abrams ♦♦ commented ·

There likely is a bug in our area... we are investigating.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered

This is caused by a bug in our Clover services app (package name com.clover.engine). The issue is just now fixed but you'll have to wait for the next release which will probably be in mid-April.

If you are in a hurry you can look at the code in the clover-android-sdk com.clover.sdk.internal.util.Views class to see how it converts a View into a Bitmap and use that code yourself to create a bitmap from a view and then save that bitmap to a file yourself to see how it looks.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community