question

etoister avatar image
etoister asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

What the purposes of Generating API Token from Production Merchant dashboard screen

What the purposes of Generating API Token from Production Merchant Dashboard screen ?

https://community.clover.com/questions/18151/merchant-api-tokens.html

API Token
1584986384678.png (41.7 KiB)
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

etoister avatar image etoister commented ·

Thank you David for the quick response.

I have a web portal that I use for my business which is not an app and cannot be installed on clover devices as Clover/Android application. The Clover's documentation describes behaviors of Clover/Android App only.

The question is how do I use API Token and Clover RESTful API from our internal portal, without publishing our in-house (not public) web-based system to Clover Market ?

Based on the community comment below, the author states that it is possible to use a token in production without registering web app. Looking forward to your reply.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered etoister commented

https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/create-an-api-token

Tokens generated with the Setup app should only be used when testing the API in sandbox. Using these merchant tokens in production is forbidden.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

etoister avatar image etoister commented ·

Thank you David for the quick response.

I have a web portal that I use for my business which is not an app and cannot be installed on clover devices as Clover/Android application. The Clover's documentation describes behaviors of Clover/Android App only.

The question is how do I use API Token and Clover RESTful API from our internal portal, without publishing our in-house (not public) web-based system to Clover Market ?

Based on the community comment below, the author states that it is possible to use a token in production without registering web app. Looking forward to your reply.

0 Likes 0 ·
etoister avatar image
etoister answered cloveruser808 commented

@David, I accidentally deleted your reply, can you please reply again

Thank you very much

4 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Jeff's post is accurate. You can use the merchant token at your own risk. I can't guarantee it will always work and I can't guarantee that it will work in all situations. Limitations are put on merchant tokens and production.

0 Likes 0 ·
cloveruser808 avatar image cloveruser808 David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Previous comment was accidentally deleted by OP.

I said something to the effect of: I hope you guys are working on allowing internal, in-house OAuth apps soon. With the COVID-19 issues, our business needs to use the Pay APIs to take online orders. But we don't have the personnel or time to make public apps.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ cloveruser808 commented ·

I think you should contact appmarketbusiness@clover.com and stress the importance of this. With what is going on now is a good time to push the issue.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
etoister avatar image
etoister answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Thank you, David

So based on your reply, if I generate an API token on the production environment, and it pulls sufficient information I need from the profile (merchant) . I can omit to register as a Clover Developer, and I do not violate any Clover's terms of service?

As you and Jeff have noted, "Use at your own risk."

Looking forward to your reply.

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I recommend contacting appmarketbusiness@clover.com. I am a developer and not an expert on our terms of service.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community